Roop tagged me some time back and gave me a bribe/award to sweeten the deal. Now I am a sucker for scratch cards and buy one – get one free deals, so I have taken her tag – it came with the honest blogger award, and kya kahen, I am easy to please …..
I am supposed to tell the blogosphere 10 things about myself. Considering that I have told the blogosphere a lot about myself … this is a challenge. Aisa kya hai that I can write that folks dont know about me????
1. Merey Colgate mein namak nahin hai. Seriously dudes, that ad sucks! Imagine waking up in the morning and stretching out, walking in for the brush and bladder routine to have someone burst into your bathroom with the question “Kya aapkey Colgate mein namak hai!” I would require serious therapy and the person bursting in would require first aid (would attack out of sheer panic)! S e r i o u s l y!!!!
2. My mental image of myself is the shy, bookish, retiring types. My sons and daughter in law think I need a reality check …. sigh!
3. Was a model for a very short time in my life. Those were the days when I was slim (sigh!) and young (deeper sigh!!!) and looked really pretty. Oh, and the money I earned seriously belonged to me and not to the EMIs, kids and other sundry expenses (Deepest deepest sigh!!).
4. I am animal friendly … but dont know why. Dogs, cats and other sundry members of the animal kingdom latch on to me, and I dont understand why. It freaks me out! May be because I like to cook and all kinds of food smells linger on me??? Wonder ……
5. I own cars but dont have a clue what happens under the bonnet. But if there is a malfunction, I get out, pop the bonnet open and look at the wierd stuff there very intelligently. I even touch the wires and pipes as though I know what is what! Thankfully some macho do-gooder comes and says “Maydamji, maddad chahiye?” and rescues me from my act.
6. I need to get up in the night … actually sleep barely 3 hours at a stretch. Then I get up and go out to check if I am still in this planet. Once as a little girl, I walked out, left the door open and slept in the grass outside (We were in Shillong then) and froze. Anti-children-doing-such-things-padlocks were installed by the parents. Now I go up to the roof and check if the world is still around me. The dogs accompany me. Can imagine them thinking “Dog Alert! Woof batty woman on the prowl, Woof!! we need to guard her!”
7. The only living soul who understands me is our water turtle Annubis, but he is only three days old so it does not count.
8. Give me a good book and I forget to eat, sleep, breathe until it is over. Cant leave a book half finished and go to sleep.
9. I am teaching myself how to make nachos from scratch …. and am proud of the good results I have had.
10. As a kid, I would bring home strays ..kittens, birds etc. I once brought home an orange cat …. only it was a lion cub! My parents forced me to give it away to the zoo. Sigh!
Am surprised that I actually wrote 10 things about me that you did not know. Am surprised that you actually read them
Feel free to take the tag up if so inclined. In my experience they are good stuff to take on when inspiration is low